Welcome to our food blog, where we bring you delicious and nutritious recipes that are not only satisfying but also perfect for those following the Weight Watchers program. In this blog post, we are excited to share with you our mouthwatering Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup recipe. Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with flavors, this soup is a delightful addition to your weight loss journey. Whether you’re a Weight Watchers enthusiast or simply looking for a nutritious and tasty meal, this soup is a must-try!
Who is this Recipe For?
This Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup recipe is suitable for anyone who wants to indulge in a hearty and satisfying meal while still staying on track with their weight loss goals. The best part about this recipe is that it’s a zero-point dish, meaning you can enjoy it without worrying about counting calories or tracking points. It’s also great for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, as it doesn’t contain any meat or animal products.
To create this flavorful Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package chicken gravy mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
Adjust the amounts of each ingredient according to your personal preference. Feel free to add more or less of any vegetable to suit your taste.
- In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, diced onion, sliced carrots, diced green pepper, diced zucchini, green beans, yellow wax beans, shredded cabbage, sliced celery, fire-roasted tomatoes, frozen corn, white beans, minced garlic, and chicken gravy mix.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Add water as needed to cover the vegetables and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the soup is cooked to perfection, serve it hot with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
Kitchen Equipment Needed: To prepare this delicious Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup, you’ll need the following kitchen equipment:
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Can opener
- Soup ladle
- Soup bowls for serving
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to customize this soup to your liking by adding other non-starchy vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach, or bell peppers.
- For a protein boost, you can add cooked chicken breast or lean ground turkey to the soup.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, you can puree a portion of the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender, and then mix it back into the remaining soup.
- To add a touch of freshness, garnish each bowl of soup with chopped parsley or cilantro before serving.
Food and Drink Pairings: This Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup pairs well with a variety of dishes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Side Salad: Serve the soup alongside a crisp and refreshing salad for a well-rounded meal. Choose a light dressing to keep the overall meal low in points or calories.
- Whole Grain Bread: Enjoy a slice of whole grain bread or a crusty roll on the side to add some texture and make the meal more satisfying.
- Fruit Salad: Finish off your meal with a bowl of colorful and juicy fruit salad for a sweet and refreshing ending.
How to Store Leftovers: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave until heated through before serving. You may need to add a splash of water or additional broth to adjust the consistency.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Can I freeze the Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup? Yes, you can freeze this soup for later use. Allow the soup to cool completely, then transfer it to freezer-safe containers or resealable bags. Label them with the date and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw the soup overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Can I substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth to make this soup vegetarian or vegan? Absolutely! Vegetable broth can be used as a substitute for chicken broth in this recipe, making it suitable for vegetarians and vegans. The flavor may be slightly different, but the soup will still be delicious.
- Can I add protein to this soup? Yes, if you’d like to incorporate protein into the soup, you can add cooked chicken breast or lean ground turkey. Simply dice or crumble the cooked protein and add it to the soup during the cooking process.
We hope you enjoy this flavorful and healthy Weight Watchers Zero Point Soup. It’s a fantastic option for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle without sacrificing taste. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family who may also be on a weight loss journey or seeking delicious and nutritious meals. Subscribe to our blog to receive more delectable recipes, helpful tips, and inspiration for a healthier you. Happy cooking!